The remarkably dependable Consumerist comes to bat for you and reminds you about tax deductions that you should NOT miss.
1. State sales taxes.
2. $250 educators’ expenses.
3. College tuition.
4. Student loan interest paid by mom and dad.
5. Out-of-pocket charitable contributions.
6. Moving expense to take first job.
7. Military reservists travel expenses.
8. Child-care credit.
9. Estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
10. State tax you paid last spring.
11. Refinancing points.
12. Reinvested dividends
13. Jury pay paid to employer.
Kiplinger’s published this first.
This seems like a fine time to post this as well; here’s the information on the Telephone Excise Tax Refund that a shocking amount of American taxpayers will be able to get this year. Please don’t just let this slide, follow up. Additional information on this refund is all over the Internet.