Haven’t written in a while, but there’s a lot going on.
Since I’ve been regularly writing on this page, just a few things have happened:
– A new president was both elected and inaugurated, who happens to be African-American, in the truest sense of the phrase,
– The economy has tanked,
– I put a freelancing gig on hold,
– I moved, and am getting ready to move again,
– Grace got a weird case of strep through the skin,
– New jobs, new legacy,
– Read a heck of a lot of books (man, you have no idea how many, but to find out, look at my Library Thing stats and then consider how many books I’ve actually forgotten),
All of this means that this site is going to undergo a few changes. I have a host of fresh new ideas, a lot of new organization and integration is going to take place, and, most importantly, I’m fresh, because I haven’t been writing a heck of a lot. So I’m ready to come back into the fold. I’d do a Hello World, but I’ve been here for quite a while already. I’m going to grow this site and go to the basic reason that I started writing this in the first place: for my daughter.
But not this week, because two weeks from now, my daughter turns 5, which means that one and a half weeks from now, I will have having a series of gatherings and parties just for her, and involving friends and family. Really, I’m just letting everyone know that I’m going to start writing again, even if I have no idea where on earth I’ll find the time.
Thanks for everyone’s support! It’s good to be back.